This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Going to Italy


Going to Italy


The Visa Office handles the issuance of visas allowing applicants' entrance into Italy or the European Union. Our staff is available to assist you on the type of visa you may require.
From October 12th, 2015 the Visa Office of the Italian Consulate General will start working with the VIS.


If you need a VISA please visit the VISA FOR ITALY page to find out more.

IMPORTANT Please note: NO VISA IS REQUIRED FOR JAPANESE CITIZENS travelling to Italy for tourism, business, mission, invitation, study, or sporting event when they intend to stay for 90 days or less.

Schengen visa allows travel throughout the "Schengen Area" on a single visa. The following countries, including Italy, make up the Schengen territory: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Visa applications can be submitted in person by the applicant minimum THREE WEEK before departure date by appointment to book ONLINE at PRENOTA ON LINE website.

IMPORTANT Please note: before attending your appointment to apply for a Visa, make sure you have all the proper documentation ready. The following Documents Checklist will help you organize your documents as required: VISA DOCUMENT CHECKLIST

If you intend to stay for up to 90 days, please complete the SCHENGEN VISA APPLICATION FORM; APPLICATION FORM FOR SCHENGEN VISA
Sample of compilation of Schengen Visa Application Form

If you intend to stay for more than 90 days, please complete the NATIONAL VISA APPLICATION FORM. APPLICATION FORM NATIONAL VISA
Sample of compilation of National Visa Application Form


Anyone travelling temporarily to a Schengen area from a country that is subject to visa requirements, be it an individual or group visitors, tourists, or business travelers is required to purchase overseas travel insurance that covers the number of days he/she will be spending in the Schengen Area.
The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage must be EUR 30,000
IMPORTANT Please note: if you are staying with friends or family, download the FORMAL INVITATION they will need to sign and send to you to attach to your application. LETTERA DI INVITO
This Visa Section may request further supporting documents if necessary.

This Visa Section may request further supporting documents if necessary.


Can I get a visa if I am of minor age?

Yes. Both parents/guardians have to sign the application form. In case they are divorced/separated, and they share custody of the child again both of the parents have to sign. In caste only one of the parents has custody of the child, that parent will sign the application form.

Are there any additional document requested as a minor in obtaining a Schengen visa procedure?

Yes, as following:
•A birth certificate of the child
•The application form signed by both parents/guardians or the one that has custody over the child in case of a divorce.
•Family court if only one parent shares has full custody
•If a child is travelling alone or accompanied by only one parents a notarized parental authorization MODULO ASSENSO GENITORI PER VIAGGIO MINORI, signed by both parents or a guardian.


Information on the protection of personal data